Where Can I Buy WaterBoss®?
Click here to find the store nearest you that carries WaterBoss®. You can also give us a call at our HelpLine at 1-800-437-8993 from 8am – 5pm EST.
Does WaterBoss® add salt water to my drinking water?
No. Regenerant is used to clean the resin within the tank then it’s washed down the drain during regeneration. Thanks to its smart softening system, the WaterBoss® does not allow regenerant to go into the drinking water supply when WaterBoss® is in service.
What Type Of Regenerant (Salt Or Salt Substitute) Should I Use?
Regenerant (salt or salt substitute) is used to clean the hardness off the resin inside of a water softener. There are currently three types of regenerant that may be used:
- Solar salt
- Rock salt (not recommended)
For a salt substitute, potassium chloride may be used. However, potassium chloride is not recommended where iron is present in the water supply. Where there is iron in the water, pellet salt with a rust remover is recommended.
The use of rock salt is not recomended because it contains impurities.
- How Does a Water Softener Work?
- A process called ion exchange is used to remove hardness. The resin in a softener acts like a magnet, pulling hardness out of the water. Once the resin has reached its capacity or can’t attract any more hardness, it cleans itself by regenerating. Regenerant (salt or salt substitute) is used to clean the hardness off the resin.
- How Can I Get My Water Tested?
- You’ll want to test for hardness, iron and pH if you have well water; hardness, pH and chlorine for those on city water. For those on city water, you can also contact your local water department. If you are experiencing iron stains with municipally supplied water, you should also test for iron.
- What is Water Hardness?
- Hardness is made up of calcium and magnesium – rock that is dissolved in your water. With this in your water, it is difficult to wash because the hardness prevents soap from lathering. Hardness also leads to scaling in pipes and water heaters. Hardness is described in grains per gallon (gpg) or parts per million (ppm).
- What does WaterBoss® include?
- Every WaterBoss® comes with a video, owner’s manual, water test strips, and 8′ of drain line.
- Why Is WaterBoss® Better Than Conventional Water Softeners?
- WaterBoss® is the only appliance with a separate, built-in, whole-house, self-cleaning dirt and sediment filter.
- Our patented directional flow screen system allows WaterBoss® to use all the space in the tank for resin. That means more softening power!
- The low, easy-to-fill salt compartment is a labor saver.
- WaterBoss® saves operating expenses by using up to 50% less salt and up to 80% less water per regeneration than conventional softeners. WaterBoss® also operates on 12-volts while other softeners use at least 24 volts.
- WaterBoss® can regenerate in as little as 15 minutes while conventional softeners can take nearly two hours.
- Setting the controller is easy: push 1 button to enter your setting number and the computer does the rest.
- If you have guests or go on vacation, there is no need to modify controller settings – the computer adjusts automatically.
- WaterBoss® looks as fine as it works. You can even feel the quality. Plus WaterBoss® takes up far less space than conventional softeners.
- WaterBoss® features a Safety Shut-off – its only job is to help prevent the possibility of overflow. Other softeners use float systems for adjusting the amount of water flowing into the brine tank. In WaterBoss®, the controller determines brine refill. The Safety Shut-off in WaterBoss® is only for preventing Brine Tank overflow.
- WaterBoss® has a packed resin bed and allows for reserve capacity. This reserve also allows WaterBoss® to regenerate with clean, soft water.
- When Should I Add Regenerant To WaterBoss®?
- Check your WaterBoss® every month. Whenever you see water above the salt, fill WaterBoss® with salt or salt substitute.
- Where Do I Install WaterBoss®?
- The whisper-quiet operation of WaterBoss® along with its compact size allows installation in more accessible places such as laundry rooms and basements.
- What If I Have a Problem With My Appliance?
- You can call our HelpLine at 1-800-437-8993. The number is available weekdays from 8am to 5pm EST.
- Why Should I Buy A Water Softener?
- It saves money by preventing costly scale build-up in your household plumbing and fixtures. It reduces the energy cost for heating water and prolongs the life of water-using appliances. Water softening cuts the cost of cleaning supplies by up to 75%. It helps keep your showers, sinks and commodes clean. Clothes washed in soft water last up to 30% longer. Soft water is better for your hair and skin. Appliance manufacturers recommend a water softener if your water hardness is 7 grains per gallon (121 mg/litre) or harder.
- Which WaterBoss® Will Solve My Water Problem?
- WaterBoss® offers a complete softener and filter line designed to meet your specific water problems.
- If chlorine is added to the water to protect me, what are the advantages of chlorine removal?
- Yes, chlorine is added to our water supply to protect us, however once chlorine has served its purpose, there are many benefits to chlorine removal.
- I have limited space for just my water softener. Is it always necessary to add more equipment for iron removal?
- The answer is no. Iron water falls into three categories, ferric, ferrous, and iron bacteria. It is important to determine the type of iron in your water before deciding which type of equipment you need for iron removal.
- Where are WaterBoss products made?
- WaterBoss products are designed and manufactured in our factory in Columbus, Ohio, United States. Every product is fully tested before leaving the factory.