Common Water Problems
- Why you may have rust stains in your home.
- Iron. Clear water iron is not visible immediately as it flows from your faucet. Once expose to air, the iron oxidizes and will leave rust colored stains on clothing, sinks, showers and fixtures. WaterBoss Models 700 and 900 will reduce iron from 10 ppm down to nominal amounts and prevent staining. If there is abnormal amounts of iron in your water, see the Products section of this web site to learn more about the Waterboss® Iron Filter.
- WaterBoss iron filters will keep your water soft so your water stays clean and healthy.
- Why hard water can reduce the life of your water using appliances.
- Hard water forms scale build-up in plumbing and water-using appliances, this causing a restricted flow of water in your dishwasher, washing machine and shower head. Eventually the build up will lead to the need to repair these items more frequently or replace them altogether. In many hard water areas, the flow of the water running through household plumbing lines can be reduced to the size of a ball point pen head.
- WaterBoss water softeners and drinking water systems will keep your water soft so your appliances last longer.
- Why water can increase energy cost.
- Hard water forms a scale build-up in appliances such as the water heater. If the scale is only 1/8″ thick, 33% more fuel is required to heat the water. Imagine placing a couple of bricks beneath your teakettle in the morning. First, you heat the bricks, and then you heat the kettle. The same principle applies to your water heater. More energy is needed to heat hard water scale before it heats your water. Soft water means no more hard water scale to heat and that means a lower energy cost.
- WaterBoss water softeners and drinking water systems will keep your water soft so your energy bills will be lower.
- Why water can corrode your plumbing.
- pH. Potential of Hydrogen. A reading of 7 is neutral. Blue/Green stains can be an indicator of low pH. Low ph is an acidic condition and can cause corrosion in pipes and fixtures. If your water tests low for pH, see the Products section of this web site to learn more about the Waterboss® Acid Neutralizing Filter. To send for a free pH test kit click here.
WaterBoss water softeners and drinking water systems will filter corrosive minerals from your water so your plumbing is less likely to be affected by corrosion.
- Why water can have a chlorine taste and odour.
- The most common way municipalities treat water is to add chlorine. Although an effective method of removing dangerous bacteria from the water supply, chlorine can leave an unpleasant taste and odour. Chlorine can also irritate the skin and eyes. When water flows from your faucet it has already accomplished its mission. If you would like to reduce the amount of chlorine to nominal amounts and eliminate the unpleasant chlorine taste and odour in your water, see the Products section of this web site to learn more about the Waterboss® Model 950.
- <WaterBoss water softeners and drinking water systems will filter your water so you can enjoy great tasting water.
- Why water can smell like rotten eggs.
- A very offensive “rotten egg” smell indicates the presence of Hydrogen Sulfide. Hydrogen Sulfide develops from decaying organic matter, some bacteria and even petroleum refining. If your water smells like rotten eggs and has more than 1 ppm of iron, see the Products section of this web site to learn more about the Waterboss® Iron filter
WaterBoss water softeners and drinking water systems will remove unpleasant odours from your water so you can enjoy great tasting, odourless water.
- Is all Well Water the same?
- Water from a well may have a variety of issues. Each well, even if in close proximity of one another can have completely separate composition. Common well water problems are dirt and sediment, hardness, iron and bacteria. It is important to have your well water tested before deciding on the proper treatment for your water. The Waterboss is capable of handling most common well water problems. See the Products Selection Guide of this website to learn more about the Waterboss model 700 and 900 and the Waterboss line of filters.
WaterBoss Models 700 and 900 water softeners treat most common water well problems such as sediment, hardness and iron which protects your home from scale build up and staining.